CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, October 25, 2009

Solvang = So Cute

I might be an old woman. I like to think I'm pretty adventurous (see boda boda picture from Uganda above ⇑), but in Solvang, CA all I cared to do was meander the sidewalks, sample fudge, and look at the kitschy Norse bric-a-brac-- mostly of tiny viking figurines with giant beards or tiles with clever sayings such as "You can tell a Dane, but you can't tell him much" (harty-harr-harr). Old-women activities, right? With the exception of an elementary school fieldtrip group, Ali and I may have been the youngest tourists in this Danish settlement 130 miles north of Los Angeles. My Los Angeles roommate warned me ahead of time that Solvang was "boring". I think it might be accurate to assume that she was unimpressed with my roadtrip agenda. I don't think she understands that I bring the party. Solvang was not boring. Nowhere I go is boring.

Ali and me on the main drag
Didn't care to try the Medisterpolse, but really wished we coulda tried the Aebleskiver



oh yeah, and they named a church after me.

Stay tuned for more of my trip up north with Ali....

2 comments:

Lauren said...

1. Have you lost weight? You look great

2. I am SO jealous that you are with Ali

3. I love that picture of you with Asef

4. Update your blog more so i can see what's going on in your life

5. Love you

lulu123 said...

it is true, you do bring the party. and solvang has never seen a party like yours my dear.