CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, August 3, 2008

River of No Return.

some reasons why Idaho is one of the greatest states in the Union:

just a few miles up river from Riggins, Idaho and we found some fabulous sandbars, like this one.

half of the fam-bam enjoying the river bank.



So we took the long way home on this road, called the French Grade. It was built in the 1930s by the CCC and is a series of switchbacks ascending out of the Salmon river valley. Lots of hairpin turns like this one:


And then a DAY after watching "Into the Wild" we happen upon an abandoned bus. Just a little too coincidental. I'm glad we weren't in Alaska (although I still really wanna go someday).

3 comments:

M. said...

very cool photos my friend. And yes, I really miss the west,its so beautiful!

Lauren said...

Love the sparkler art. I can never get that to work on my computer. Also, your pictures almost convinced me that Idaho is a cool place. Good thing I know better!

joojierose said...

heck yes that bus is radical! and yes, per your comment on my blog, that lavender field is in england. you'll have the whole story via email, in addition to an answer to your WONDROUS email to me! love you. :)