CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, June 27, 2008

Njogela luganda lutono, lutono

Oh my, my perfectionism has gotten the best of me. You see, my frustration with African internet became so overwhelming that in an effort to salvage what little was left of my sanity, I decided blog posts weren't worth the headaches and near-nervous breakdowns. Of course, this is me being over-dramatic, but since I couldn't make my posts what I wanted to make them, I quit posting altogether. Then when I finally did get access to a wondrous internet connection about a week and a half ago here in England, I felt I had fallen so far behind in my posts that I may as well put it off until my glorious return to the U. S. of A. I am a master-procrastinator. Hence the gap between my last post at the end of May and today's post nearly a month later. Thanks for the kick in the pants, Lauren. It's time for me to get my act together. I'm not home quite yet, but I haven't fallen off the face of the planet, either-- I promise I had no intentions of disappearing, however it may have seemed. So the good news is that I'm comin' back with a bang! Check out these pictures!

Welcome to a photographic introduction to Mukono, Uganda. Photo captions are at the bottom of the post.










1. Kampala traffic jam
2. our trusty (and rickety) van
3. Mukono town, Jinja Rd.
4. sitting in the back of a taxi. This definitely isn’t as crowded as it gets… maybe half capacity. The only white head in the picture is Caleb’s.
5. on the way home
6. on the way home
7. on the way home
8. boda boda stage in Bweyogerere

1 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.