CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, November 30, 2004

Segovia


Yay for self-taken pictures!
Two weekends ago I ent to Segovia, and it was wicked awesome.
So here´s some pics to prove it:

Me and Brittany, really happy to be in Segovia.

The Segovia cathedral (Get a load of her!)

Tali and me in front of the Roman aqueducts.

the Alcázar´s silhouette, sunrise.

The Alcázar at sunset.

I like to title this photo Palacio de Comunicaciones y la luna, Valencia. I was there over thanksgiving. Instead of a turkey, we ate paella. Instead of cutting a Christmas tree in the snowy woods the next day, we went to the Mediterranean coast to wade.


And now I´m back in Alcalá de Henares, but not for long. I just took my exams here at the university, and tomorrow I´m headed south. Córdoba, Sevilla, Granada, here I come!
Yesterday was so funny it made me laugh. I was in the apartment studying while I was waiting for lunch to be ready (it was already past 3:00 pm and I was starving). So I´m sitting there trying to get ready for the Spanish Literature exam that I took this morning (don´t ask about it, the response won´t be pretty) and meanwhile, Gema (Nieves´ daughter) had bought a techno-Christmas smurf CD for her three-year-old (AKA the most annoying thing ever) and had put it on, but her son, Andrés, wan´t even listening to it--just running around and screaming. In addition my señor was watching this government access channel (AKA the most boring thing ever) and had the volume turned up so high it was blaring. Nieves was having to yell some conversation with her son in the kitchen because it was so loud, and to top it all off, Toy, the stupid rat dog was yapping his head off. And there´s me in the middle of it, trying to study. What an afternoon.

0 comments: