CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, October 5, 2004

´burque on the news

The most unexpected thing happened today. I was in our apartment today having lunch with my host family, and as usual, the news was on the TV in the background, when suddenly Albuquerque was on the screen! Albuquerque on the news in Madrid! Who would have thought I would be watching Albuquerque from an apartment in Alclalá de Henares, Spain? I dropped my spoon and craned my neck around my roommate’s head to see the screen better. "¡Esa es mi ciudad!" I said, pointing excitedly and completely interrupting the table conversation. It turns out the Prince of Spain and his wife were visiting the UNM campus. They even interviewed a few Spanish-speaking students. Was it on the news in ´burque?

0 comments: